“I guess you may be in a bad mood recently, so I'm calling to offer my condolences”.
(我猜您最近心情可能会不好,特地打个电话慰问一下。)
“Well,”
(呵)
中年男人低沉的声音传入耳中,大概是抽烟抽得猛,他的嗓音里带着几分沙哑:“You found out so quickly?”
(你这么快就知道了?)
“I have international news every day,will you。”
(我每天都有关心国际的新闻的好吗。)
翠绿色的叶子在指缝中穿过:“You're not a candidate for secretary of state. The President and Lady Linda dumped you.”
(国务卿的候选人不是你,总统和琳达女士将你抛弃了。)
“If you're making this call because you care about me.”
(如果你打这通电话的目的是为了关心我。)
男人嗤笑一声:“You got what you wanted. You can hang up now.”
(你的目的已经达到了,可以挂了。)
“Gentleness for Madam, patience for the White House guys, and bad temper for me?"
(温柔留给夫人,耐心用来应付白宫那群人,坏脾气就朝我发了?)
“Has Mrs Clare left for work yet?”
(夫人已经上班离开了吗?)
“yeah.”男人起身将办公室的门关上反锁,他有预感,接下来的谈话内容不会让他失望。
“Sancorp is considering stopping its contribution to the C.W.I. I told you, Sensei, Remy's not that loyal. And you lost the election -- not everyone can see the relationship between money and power.”
“I know,about Remy. I have a plan. As for Sancorp, if you can't use it, get rid of it.”
(我知道,雷米我自有打算。至于桑科集团,既然不能用,那就舍弃吧。)
“What about the money for the C.W.I.?”
(净水计划的资金怎么办?)
“Normally, I would keep you company for a while,Clarence. I'm very busy right now.”
(平时我会陪你再兜几个圈子,克拉伦斯。我现在非常忙。)
新井羽文捏住绿叶的手微微用力:“I'll add $300,000 to the $500,000 Sancorp gave to C.W.I. And I will open a paper mill in your name in Ohio that will support 4,000 jobs. These are your votes for the future."