看了Criminal Minds第六季的第一集,一直被JJ劝说‘暗夜杀手’the prince of darkness的话而感动,每每听到都觉得热泪盈眶,她仿佛说出了所有母亲的心声,也让我们这些做儿女的更加感受到母爱的伟大。
一切的荣誉为了妈妈!
这里节选出她的一些台词。其实大家应该找来看看,JJ的表情、语言以及场景的切换让下面的话渲染的淋漓尽致。(本人觉得英文更加有味道!)
那个
Look...
你应该看出来我不是谈判专家了
You can tell I'm not a hostage negotiator.
但我是个母亲
But I am a mother.
而且我也知道
And I...
早年你母亲对你的所作所为
I know what your mother did to you when you were little.
她的为人
What she was
她逼你看的那些 还有她让别人对你所做的种种
What she made you watch what she let men do to you
都让我觉得
And it makes me so...
太不公平了
It's just not fair.
只是这一切已经于事无补
And no one-- no one can make that better.
我希望我能 说真的 只是
I wish I could. I do. But...
如果我能回到过去
If I--if I could somehow go back there
让你不再受到伤害
And you know make what was happening to you stop
如果我能
If I could just...
带你离开 告诉你
You know pick you up and just tell you
一切都会好起来
That it'll all be ok.
那才是一个母亲所该做的
That's what moms are supposed to do.
母亲怎能给自己的子女带去无尽的痛苦
They're not supposed to be the cause of your pain
母亲是要让痛苦远离子女才对
They're supposed to make it go away.
母亲应该抱紧你
They're supposed to hold you
告诉你一切都会好起来
And tell you everything is gonna be all right.
她该告诉你打雷只是天使们在打保龄球
They're supposed to tell you that thunder is angels bowling
怕黑也没关系
And that it's ok to be afraid of the dark
觉得自己衣柜里藏着魔鬼也不要紧
And that it's not silly to think there might be monsters in your closet
爬上父母的床跟他们一起睡哪怕就一次又能怎么了
and that it's ok that if you want to climb in bed with them just this once
孤零零一个人呆在房间里多可怕
'cause it's scary in the room all alone.
父母该告诉你害怕也没关系
They're supposed to say it's ok to be afraid
而不是化身成你的恐惧之源
And not be the thing you're afraid of.
最重要的是
But most importantly
不管怎样 他们都要爱着你
They're supposed to love you no matter what.
你的遭遇不公平 也不正确
What happened to you isn't fair it's not right
但是...
But um...
其实我本该和你共情
I'm supposed to empathize with you.
同情和理解你
Sympathize. Understand.
但我做不到
But I can't.
这样就成了谎言
That--that would be a lie.
事实是 我不能理解你的所作所为
The truth is I don't understand what you've done.
这些年来你杀了这么多人 我无法同情你
I don't sympathize with you killing people all these years.
我尤其无法理解 你为何要带走爱丽
And I especially don't understand you taking Ellie.
我只能告诉你作为一名母亲该说的话
What I can do is tell you what a mother should tell you
伤害别人
That you can't take away your pain
并不能减轻你的痛苦
by hurting someone else.
就算你像对爱丽那样伤害别人
That it doesn't make all the nights
这么多个夜晚 你入睡时
You went to bed scared and alone
依然会感到孤单而害怕
any better if you scare someone else
这根本毫无用处
the way you're scaring Ellie.
你的遭遇非常不公
What happened to you it isn't fair.
但你对她的所作所为同样不公
But what you're doing to her isn't fair either
除了你
And if anyone should understand what that feels like
没有人能体会这种感受
It's you.
掌控权在你
You have the power.
由你决定该怎么做
You can do what you want to do.
但这一次
But for once
你可以自己做出选择
You can choose to use that power
不要让爱丽重蹈你的覆辙
to do for Ellie what should have been done for you.
你可以选择放了她
You can choose letting her go.
你可以选择教会她
You can choose teaching her
世界上的确有魔鬼存在
that yes there are monsters
如果你害怕 这没关系
and it's ok to be afraid of them.
但不能让他们战胜你
But it's not ok to let them win.
也不能化身成为魔鬼
And it's not ok to be one.