“Hi!Is there anything that I can do for you?”(你好,有什么需要帮助吗)
“Yes. I come from China. I applied to be a VMO member last year and I got an offer to teach chinese here one week before”(我来自中国,我去年申请成为VMO的一员,上周收到录取可以在这里交中文)
“This is my resume.”(这是我的简历)夏天递给她简历
“Nice to see you!!!A volunteer from China! "(很高兴见到你!来自中国的志愿者!)
“Just give me one second to double check your information and help you register, and your ID please”(给我一点儿时间,让我确认一下你的注册和个人信息,另外麻烦给我一下可以证明你身份的有效证件)
"ID but..but I lost my passport yesterday."(证件?可是..可是我昨天丢了护照)
"So..do you have something else that can prove your identity such as California diver licence?(那..那你有其他证件可以证明你的身份吗?比如加州驾照?)
“No..."(没有)
"I am so sorry that I can not help you register since photo ID is required”(实在不好意思,我现在不能帮你,因为注册必须要求您出示带有照片的有效证件。)
“But.. but I have offer and the email you sent to me."(但是我有录取通知和你们放给我的邮件)
"I am sorry but we need your photo ID to prove your identification."(对不起,我们需要你的证件证明你的身份)